Crisis Pregnancy Center Bill Announcement!
February 12, 2019
SPARK Responds to the State of the Union Address
February 11, 2019
SPARK’s Statement on Brett Kavanaugh
October 4, 2018
“We’re supposed to love life, right? And protect mothers and ban abortion because abortion is about ending babies lives, right? But then we see cuts to WIC, [Women, Infants & Children benefits], we know women are being chained to beds to give birth,” Paris Hatcher of SPARK Reproductive Justice points out. The entire idea pushed by conservatives that we are concerned with a “culture of life” is proved false by the way our society treats mothers–certain mothers, anyway.
Former Executive Director Paris Hatcher in the 2011 CLPP Conference opening plenary: Speaking Out for Reproductive Freedom.
Former Executive Director Paris Hatcher joins Laura Flanders on GRITtv to speak on her reproductive justice work in Atlanta and how the rest of the country can learn from the work women of color are doing on state and local levels.
SPARK In The Media
- Activists Shifting Abortion Debate to Focus on Human Rights USA Today / March 5, 2019
- How Generations after Roe v. Wade are leading the country’s abortion debate USA Today / March 5, 2019
- “Three Atlanta organizations receive HIV/AIDS grants” The Georgia Voice / April 17, 2018
- “12 Ways You Can Fight Back Against All This Oppressive Crap in 2017” Buzzfeed / January 20, 2017
- “The 3 Questions That Every American Should Ask About Obamacare” PolicyMic / October 2, 2013
- “Unequal Anger in the Abortion Debate” Washington Post / March 13, 2012
- “Birthing Justice: In Shackling Now” Huffington Post / March 12, 2012
- “Ga. Abortion Bill Adds to National Debate” Atlanta Journal Constitution / March 2, 2012
- “Women of Color Say No to Operation Save America” RH Reality Check / July 15, 2008