Following a slew of aggressive executive orders that include a global gag rule that restricts abortion funding, we’ve collected some of articles written by our partners, allies and advocates that will help put it all in perspective.
- Black women are leading #ReproJustice movement through the Trump administration. Read New Voices’ La’Tasha Mayes’ response to the 44th Anniversary of Roe V Wade here.
- SPARK was included in this list alongside our partners and allies at Advocates for Youth National Network of Abortion Funds National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health and many more. Check out the article here and share it with your communities.
- Marcela Howell, E.D of the National Black Reproductive Justice Agenda, shares her perspective on abortion access before and after Roe V Wade here.
- Trump’s transition team has asked the State Department to list its workers who focus on gender equality and ending violence against women, in what’s being seen as an echo of an earlier request for the Energy Department to list employees who work on climate change. More.
- A proposed House Resolution would set the stage for the United States to remove itself from the United Nations. More.
- House Passes HR7, a ban on abortion coverage by insurers in obamacare exchanges. More.
- Soon after Donald Trump was sworn in as president, his administration undid one of Barack Obama’s last-minute economic-policy actions: a mortgage-fee cut under a government program that’s popular with first-time home buyers and low-income borrowers. More.