Greetings SPARK Community:
Today marks the 3rd Annual Give OUT Day! For 24 hours, the LGBTQQ community and our allies will come together to fund our movements on our own terms. We need YOUR help to continue working at the intersection of racial justice and LGBTQQ liberation in the South. Give OUT Day is the time to go in and GIVE big to SPARK Reproductive Justice NOW!
As SPARK celebrates 8 years of advocating against the violence, discrimination, and disenfranchisement that disproportionately impacts Black women and Queer and Trans people of color in the Deep South, we recognize that our work now is more important than ever. Based in Georgia, SPARK recognizes how essential it is to invest in movements that prioritize the experiences of Black women and Queer and Trans people of color, particularly youth of color, and this commitment is demonstrated throughout all our programming. Your support allows us to ensure that the leadership and voices of those most affected by the political conditions of the South are centered in the reproductive justice movement!
This year, SPARK seeks to raise $1,500.00 to support the work of our signature programs!
- The Speak Justice Take Action program educates our constituency on the legislative process and offers policy analysis using a Queer political frame. From advocating for proactive anti-shackling legislation to closing the coverage gap, our “Legislate THIS!” Day of Action brings our community members to the Georgia State Capitol to lobby our elected officials and empower youth leaders to share their stories.
- The Fierce Youth Reclaiming & Empowering program provides queer and trans youth of color with the skills and resources to generate their own media and strengthen their communities through peer support and community based-research published through blogs, editorials, social media, and television and radio interviews to combat mainstream narratives that overlook our communities. FYRE also organizes our annual Media Justice Camps.
- The SPARK Organizing Institute trains queer and trans youth of color and young women of color on RJ issue advocacy, grassroots organizing, community mobilization, and strategic communications to foster the potential and leadership within our movements.
How Can You Help?
- Give! You have until 11:59PM TONIGHT to make your doantion.
- Fundraise with us! Create your own fundraising profile page to help us meet our goal by visiting our profile and clicking “Become a Fundraiser”.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay updated on our progress on Give OUT Day. You can use the hashtag #SPARKRJGIVING to follow our posts.
- Spread the word! Forward this email to your family, friends, and colleagues along with a personal note as to why YOU support our work and why they should give!
Make your donation TODAY and join SPARK in affirming that our bodies, our communities, and our futures matter!
Yours in community power,
SPARK Reproductive Justice NOW!