SPARK is a reproductive justice (RJ) organization based in Atlanta, GA advocating for policies that protect and expand access to the full range of family planning options, abortion, and sexual health education for women and youth of color in the state of Georgia. Importantly, SPARK ensures the voices of women of color, young parents, and LGBTQQ youth of color living in the south are included in the reproductive rights and justice movements.
SPARK is seeking professional and outgoing individuals to conduct door-to-door and phone canvassing in Fulton County. Canvassers will provide voter education and engage the public on their experiences with accessing health care. No prior experience is required.
- Educate and engage voters through door-to-door or phone canvassing
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress and meet all goals and metrics
- Effectively use technology tools to ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Participate and complete all required training
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must have excellent communication and people skills; must be comfortable speaking with strangers and people from different backgrounds
- Ability to work with other staff and canvassers in a team
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Experience in phone or door-to-door canvassing is a plus
- Political Campaign experience is a plus
- Must be able and willing to walk for long distances outside in a variety of weather elements (door-to-door canvassing)
- Licensed and insured drivers are desired; fuel reimbursement is available (door-to-door canvassing)
Hours & Hourly Rate
- Door Canvassers work 8 hours/week (late September – early November). The position pays $10/hour.
- Phone Canvassers work 9 hours/week (late September – early November). The position pays $9/hour.
The candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
Please complete the online application at https://sparkrjnow.wufoo.com/forms/canvasser-application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest. No phone calls please.
SPARK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.