SPARK is seeking a few passionate volunteers to help our Get Out the Vote team engage and mobilize voters on November 4th!
Volunteers will join us in phone banking and door knocking throughout the day. After, to thank you for your hard work, we invite you to join us for our Election Day Watch Party!
Helping us to #SPARKTHEVOTE is easy. We have shifts available from 9:30AM – 6:30PM. You donate your time; we provide the training, yummy snacks, and great company.
Only have an hour or two to spare? No problem!
You can join our phone banking team from the comfort of your home, dorm, or local coffee shop. We can have everything emailed and set-up for you in less than 15 minutes. All you need a good Internet connection and a telephone. (We recommend using Google voice numbers).
Interested volunteers should complete our #SPARKTHEVOTE Volunteer Application!
Please share this information with friends and families through Facebook, Twitter, and your networks!
We hope you will join us in empowering and mobilizing our community to the polls to have their voices heard!
Election Day is less than two weeks away and we need to make sure Georgia voters are prepared! With many local and state races, it is not always clear whom we are voting for and how these elections will affect our daily lives.
That is why we are excited to share “Who’s Who in Georgia Politics.” Created by Strong Families, SPARK Reproductive Justice NOW, and the National Domestic Workers Alliance – Atlanta Chapter, this tool is a quick and easy way to explain the responsibilities of Federal, State, and Local positions in Georgia and what these elected positions mean for our communities.
The guide can be downloaded in PDF and a mobile-ready responsive version is available online for use on your smart phone, tablet, and in the voting booth!
Click here to check out our guide and share it with your friends.
As the election draws near, this guide could be helpful for you and your family in starting discussions and sharing information about what is at stake in the upcoming election. Please share this guide with your friends and help us ensure all Georgia families have the resources to understand why their vote matters!
Thank you for your support!
Luisa F. Cardona, Esq., Field Director
SPARK Reproductive Justice NOW
SPARK is a reproductive justice (RJ) organization based in Atlanta, GA advocating for policies that protect and expand access to the full range of family planning options, abortion, and sexual health education for women and youth of color in the state of Georgia. Importantly, SPARK ensures the voices of women of color, young parents, and LGBTQQ youth of color living in the south are included in the reproductive rights and justice movements.
SPARK is seeking professional and outgoing individuals to conduct door-to-door and phone canvassing in Fulton County. Canvassers will provide voter education and engage the public on their experiences with accessing health care. No prior experience is required.
- Educate and engage voters through door-to-door or phone canvassing
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress and meet all goals and metrics
- Effectively use technology tools to ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Participate and complete all required training
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must have excellent communication and people skills; must be comfortable speaking with strangers and people from different backgrounds
- Ability to work with other staff and canvassers in a team
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Experience in phone or door-to-door canvassing is a plus
- Political Campaign experience is a plus
- Must be able and willing to walk for long distances outside in a variety of weather elements (door-to-door canvassing)
- Licensed and insured drivers are desired; fuel reimbursement is available (door-to-door canvassing)
Hours & Hourly Rate
- Door Canvassers work 8 hours/week (late September – early November). The position pays $10/hour.
- Phone Canvassers work 9 hours/week (late September – early November). The position pays $9/hour.
The candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
Please complete the online application at https://sparkrjnow.wufoo.com/forms/canvasser-application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest. No phone calls please.
SPARK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.